Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Follow up appointment

After my visit to the ER on Christmas, I was told to follow up with my doctor as soon as I could.  The doctor's office was closed Monday for the holidays, so today was the first time I could get in to see someone. 


I woke up this morning and was still bleeding. I passed another really big glob of bloody stuff (like 3 inches long!) so I had begun to prepare myself mentally for the worst possible scenario.  In my mind, I thought that since the doctor at the ER was in there poking around maybe that had made things worse. So I called the doctors office as soon as they opened this morning, explained my situation, and they scheduled me to go in at noon to see one of the doctors.  It is funny to me how my whole life I've always made a point to have women doctors but as soon as something goes wrong you no longer care who is looking down at your lady parts as long as they can give you some answers. 


When Michael and I got to doctors office, we had to wait a while because the doctor was at a meeting.  I'm sure he was probably just not back from lunch yet, but whatever.  So I explained to him the situation and what had gone on at the ER and then he did an exam.  He said that my cervix is closed (phew! what a relief!) and that my uterus is measuring at a normal size for how far along I am.  He didn't seem to think there was anything out of the ordinary and didn't seem all too concerned about the situation. He said that I probably have a blood clot on my cervix or uterus or between the two (I can't remember exactly how he said it) but that it probably was just aggravated by having sex.  He told me to take it easy the next two weeks, no sex, no exercise, no heavy lifting.  Hopefully all this bleeding nonsense will be done soon. 


When we walked out of the office I told Michael that I felt so relieved that everything was ok and he said "you were really that worried about it?"   Of course I was that worried about it!! I was freaking out about it!!! But again, he's always the calm one.


My next appointment is next week on Thursday for my dating ultrasound.  I'm sure I will feel even more relieved when I see the little peanut on the computer screen.  I'm praying for a very uneventful week 8. Enough drama for this mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment