Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 6 and 7

Week 6 came along and everything you read says that morning sickness begins in week 6.  I guess I was expecting to wake up on day 1 of week 6 and be miserable.  Luckily, I felt the same as always... totally normal. Then after more reading and research I found that statistics show that women who suffered from morning sickness are less likely to miscarry then women who don't get sick. So now I've got a bunch of other worries in my head about how if I don't get sick I may miscarry.  Sometimes I wish we didn't have access to information 24/7 because I feel like many times ignorance would be greater than worrying about every little thing.  
A few days passed and then all of the sudden this awful wave of nausea came over me.  Was this morning sickness?  Everything I read pointed to yes. I felt awful the entire day and barely slept that night because every time I would move, I would feel sick. The next morning I woke up and felt totally fine and haven't felt sick since then.  I don't want to jump the gun and assume that is all I will have, but I do kind of feel like it was God telling me "Hey, you wanted morning sickness to ease your fears of miscarrying, so I let you have it. Now stop worrying and let me handle things." So far I'm learning that pregnancy takes a lot of faith.  You don't look any different and don't feel any different early on, so you have to believe in things unseen. 

One small thing I have noticed has changed is my sense of smell. I feel like I could be a super hero whose magic power is to smell things from a mile away. The other night we were downtown for an event and we walked down one block and I could tell right away that a restaurant was frying fish. I don't eat fish, or even like it but I knew that smell right away. Tonight when I walked the dog, I could tell you what laundry detergent our neighbors use because I could smell it that clearly! Great for things that smell good like laundry or flowers but not so great for yucky smells like trashcans and grease.  

Tuesday began week 7 and I get to meet my midwife on Thursday. The anticipation has been killing me!! I'm praying that I love her and that things go well. Most of our close family members (my mom and his parents) already know the news but we are waiting until Christmas to break the news to everyone else.  I don't usually get excited about Christmas because I feel like there is so much pressure to buy the right gifts for everyone, but this year I can't wait!  I can't wait to share our news with everyone.  I know they say you are supposed to wait until you are out of the first trimester to tell everyone, but really? How are you supposed to keep something so exciting a secret? Christmas can't come soon enough :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment