Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Week 18- Nursery and Dancing Baby

We've been trying to get things around the house ready for baby lately, which means cleaning out closets, moving furniture, getting rid of some furniture, buying new furniture, and painting two bedrooms. We currently have our home office in one bedroom and a guest room/storage room in the other bedroom and we are going to be moving the office to the guest room and making what used to be the office the baby's room. I've gone through the closets in the bedrooms and I'm trying to get rid of things and downsize all of the stuff that has been stored in there.  In the process, I packed up all my skinny clothes which made me really sad.  I didn't get rid of them because I want to get back in them someday after baby but it was so sad to pack them all away.  I also found some pretty funny stuff as I was going through the closets like my old planners from high school, boxes of notes written from friends, and my old journals from middle school and high school.  Looking through all of that stuff made me glad that my life is no longer so dramatic! 

I ordered the bedding for the nursery last week from Pottery Barn Kids and was so excited to get it in the mail on Tuesday so I could start picking out paint colors for the bedroom.  Unfortunately, there was an error on their website and they have two different nursery sets listed for the same pattern and so they sent me the wrong combination of items.  The one I ordered included the crib bumber, crib sheet, and crib skirt.  The one I received included the quilt, the sheet, and the crib skirt.  I called their customer service and explained the situation and now they are sending me the bumper (which would've cost $99) for free with rush shipping, so it should arrive today.  I don't even have to send back the quilt (which also runs $99).  Wow! Thank you Pottery Barn for having fantastic customer service.  Here is the set I ordered:


Baby girl has been moving like crazy lately.  I first felt the little flutters a week or so ago, but yesterday I was able to put my hands on my tummy and feel her kicking away.  Michael hasn't been able to feel it yet though.  Every morning after breakfast I feel like she's dancing around in there.  She is really active in the morning. 

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday to finish up my blood work for my NT scan or quad screen (I'm not sure which it was for) but the nurse was really good and was able to draw my blood on the first try.  Usually it takes a couple pokes before they find a good vein. I go back this coming Wednesday to get my results and schedule my anatomy ultrasound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment