Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Weeks 16 and 17 - Gender time!!

Since my last post, we've been to Vancouver, Alaska, and back home to Florida.  We flew to Vancouver, spent the night there and then boarded our ship for our seven night northbound Alaskan cruise.  It was beautiful but very cold!  I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather.  I ate way too much delicious food and took lots of naps (since my body didn't like the 4 hour time difference very much). It was nice to get away from the world for a while.  My favorite part of the trip was our helicopter tour which took us to a glacier that we hiked on for 2 hours.  Here is a picture of us on the glacier in our lovely glacier gear:

Today I had my gender determination ultrasound at Little Life Imaging.  I don't know why, but I still get so nervous everytime I go to the doctor or have an ultrasound. I'm terrified that I'm going to go and get bad news or that there will no longer be a baby in there.  My mom, Michael's mom, and Michael's sister came with me.  Michael wasn't able to go because of work stuff, but I thought it would be fun to do it with just the girls in the family anyway. 

The baby was moving all over the place and the sonographer had a hard time getting the baby to sit still long enough for her to see the goods to determine the gender.  Once she was finally able to get a good look, she said without any hesitation "It's a girl!".  She pointed out the three little dots to indicate a girl, but to me it just looked like three little dots.  Thankfully she does this every day so I'm sure she knows what she's looking for better than I do.  After that was finished she let us watch the little munchkin move all around, took some measurements, let us listen to the heartbeat (158 this time around), and did a 3D preview for us.  We got to see her hiccupping, making sucking movements with her mouth, and she was a fiesty little thing punching me (I don't think she liked when the lady pressed on my tummy with the wand).  According to the measurements today, she is measuring a little bigger so maybe she will come early and not be a December baby after all *fingers crossed for that!*.

Introducing Elizabeth Grace:
And here she is looking like a little alien baby (in 3D) with her hand covering her face:



No comments:

Post a Comment