Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

House projects and week 22

While I was on vacation my sweet friends and husband painted two rooms in our house and our garage.  I knew that they were working on the baby's room and the office, but the garage was a something Michael had up his sleeve and didn't let me know.  Painting the walls in the garage was on my list of things to do while not working this summer, but after finding out we were expecting I put that project on hold.  It was nice to come home to everything all freshly painted.  We put together the crib and bookshelf/changing table and we also had a new window installed in the baby's room.  One of the windows had the outside pane busted out since before we moved in so it was nice to finally get that fixed.  It's funny how having a baby can make you get stuff done so quickly! Our little fixer-upper of a house is coming along nicely with only a few projects left (we still need a new roof- next on our list, and we have one more bathroom to redo).

I've been searching high and low for a white glider rocking chair with a cushion in any other color than the green that is available at BabiesRus. Oh sure, there are plenty of cushion colors if you want a dark or light wood finish glider, but apparently the white one only comes with green. I was even willing to buy one on craiglist and then have it reupholstered, but the only things I could find on there were either really old or just plain ugly. I finally found one online from Albeebaby.com that is white with a light pink cushion (not exactly the same color pink that goes with the bedding but it has to be better than the green). Hopefully I'll like it when it gets here since I've never seen it besides on my computer screen.  Why are gliders so expensive?  Sheesh... the one we got was on sale from $350 to $279 but I still feel like that is pretty pricey.

Baby girl must be growing a ton, because my belly is getting huge.  She's been moving like crazy lately... to the point where I can now see my belly move when she kicks me. My belly button is slowly beginning to get more and more shallow and I'm sure it will pop out in a few short weeks. Pregnancy and my body are still getting along pretty nicely.  I never had any major morning sickness (just a few times that I felt a little car sick around week 7) and no other big issues. The only thing I'm not loving is that all these crazy hormones are making my face breakout.  I've been pretty lucky and always had pretty clear skin with just a few pimples here or there before my period each month, but these pregnancy hormones are not getting along too kindly with my face. My mom came over the other day when I was getting ready (before I had on any makeup) and was kind enough to say "Wow, your face looks like your a teenager!".  Thanks mom, that helps with my self esteem!

I signed up for Bradley method birthing classes which start in the middle of August. It was a little more expensive than I was thinking it would be (I guess I thought it would be roughly the same price as the lamaze classes offered through the hospital but apparently I was way off). My midwife had recommended hiring a doula, but I couldn't justify spending $500 on a doula and then another $400 on bradley method classes so I had to choose one or the other.  After talking with a mommy friend, she reassured me that I should be fine with just the bradley method classes. I'm sure Michael is super excited about 12 weeks of birthing classes :)

My next appointment is next week for just a normal monthly check up. I'm hoping that I can get my glucose screening appointment done before I head back to school but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm getting nervous about going back to school, more nervous than normal after finding out we will have a new principal this year.  I keep having dreams that I can't remember my students' names or that I take them to lunch and forget to pick them back up. I'm hoping to work until thanksgiving break which would put me at 38 weeks pregnant, but I guess we'll have to see how things go. This is getting a little lengthy so that's enough for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment