Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 6

I prayed for symptoms thinking that would mean morning sickness, but instead got a few different things. I am by no means complaining because I am thankful for these symptoms.  They let me know things are going as they should be.

This week I have felt completely exhausted.  I have to wake up 2 or 3 times during the night to use the bathroom, which is not really helping with the exhaustion.  I wake up still feeling tired.  Work is a struggle because when you have 16 little kindergarteners depending on you, you have to be "on" all day.  There is no explaining, "Hey guys I'm really tired today so we're just going to take it easy".  That simply doesn't work with a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds.  I feel like my students have been extra crazy this week and so I feel both physically and mentally worn out.  Then of course on the only day of the week I get to sleep in past 5:45a.m., my body wakes me up at 6a.m.  Thank you internal alarm clock.

My boobs are sore now, to the point where someone hugged me yesterday and it was painful.  Last time around my boobs were sore right away, before I even found out I was pregnant. It lasted for about two weeks and then subsided. This time it took a little longer for that to arrive.  But it doesn't seem to be going away like it did last time.  I guess that is a good sign. 

I don't think I've experienced full blown morning sickness yet, atleast not like I did the one day I had morning sickness during the last pregnancy.  My one day of morning sickness last time consisted of feeling clammy and like I wanted to throw up.  I haven't had any days like that yet, but I have felt kind of nauseous if I don't eat and then after I eat my stomach hurts.  I also feel kind of sick if I see food after I'm full.  Raw meat also has been grossing me out lately as well.  We went grocery shopping and walking down the meat aisle made me feel pretty yucky.

A symptom I was not expecting (and I had never really heard of it happening during pregnancy) was my all of the sudden greasy hair.  I'm using the same hair products that I've always used and haven't made any changes to my hair care routine.  Yet, my hair is so greasy. I've never been the kind of person who washes my hair everyday, because I have a lot of hair and it takes a long time, and because the natural oils are good to keep your hair healthy. But now after one day of normal hair, my hair is like dripping with oil.  Gross! I guess it's all those hormones messing with me. 

I've been wanting fruit all the time.  I'm not a person who normally eats a lot of fruit, but lately I can not get my fill of strawberries, apples, and pineapple.  Last week all I wanted to eat was sweet potatoes.  I got my fill of those during our Easter dinners.  Other than that I haven't really wanted to eat much of anything.  I am eating, but just don't really want anything specific.  Michael will ask "what do you want for dinner?" and I can't think of what I want. This is not normally a problem for me!

That's what has been going on with me lately.  My appointment with the midwife is this Thursday... it's finally here!! I can't wait to find out how my ultrasound goes and talk to my midwife about everything that has been going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment