Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The little bean and a heartbeat!

Today was the day of my dating ultrasound and appointment with my midwife.  On the way to the doctor's office I felt like I might have a panic attack because I was so nervous that they'd get in there and there would be nothing... again.  I even dreamt last night that I went to my appointment with the midwife, but somehow forgot to go to my ultrasound appointment and was freaking out because I didn't get to see if there was a baby inside me! Crazy and ridiculous, I know.

My fears were put to ease as soon as the ultrasound tech said "Oh there's a little baby and a yolk sac". Phew... I could finally breathe.  She turned on the tv on the wall so she could show us everything she was seeing.  She pointed out the head, body, and a the fluttering of a heartbeat!  Another huge sigh of relief there.  She said that the baby had a strong heartbeat of 162 BPM and that the little bean was measuring on target, 1.3cm from crown to rump.  My estimated due date remains the same based on this dating ultrasound... December 3rd (but we'll just call it the first week in December).

Here are the pictures of the little bean- the first one is measuring the heartbeat and the second is just the bean.





I'm hoping I don't experience any bleeding from the doctors being in there poking around.  As of now, everything is fine.  The midwife told me to call if I had any problems over the next few days.

I go back May 22 for my NT scan and blood work.  I will be 12 weeks and 2 days at that point so I can't wait to see how the little bean has changed at the next appointment. I'm praying that the next 4 weeks are pretty uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment