Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

10 month update

Ok... only three days late this month... not too bad! 



This past month has been pretty uneventful in terms of travel and events, which is sometimes a good thing. Michael and I did enjoy two baby free date nights at Roy's and The Capital Grille (thanks to Magical Dining month).  Our first date night was at the beginning of the month and Betsy Grace did great and took her bottle with only a little coaxing from Grandma.  The second date night, however, she wanted nothing to do with the bottle which made for a cranky baby towards the end of the evening. I nursed her a little while when we got home and she calmed down.  Once she was calm, then she took the bottle from me with out a problem.  We will just have to keep trying :)

She's getting a little more adventurous with the foods she'll eat.  She had chicken for the first time this month and really enjoyed it.  She tried some steak too, but wasn't as big of a fan of that. She also had grilled green peppers, pears, watermelons, bananas, prunes, apples, carrots, pizza crust (a favorite), and banana ice cream (not real ice cream... just a frozen banana thrown into the food processor... delicious!).  Her little teeth still haven't popped through, which isn't a bad thing since I don't have to deal with being bitten while breastfeeding.

Eating chicken and green peppers in her pjs

What are we going to eat today?


Her sleeping patterns have been all over the place this month! One night she'll wake up five times, other times she'll only get up two or three times.  These past few days, though, have been rough.  She's been going to bed at our normal time, but at around 3am she's wide awake.  Not like just stirring to get comfortable... like wide awake, eyes wide, staring at the ceiling. And she stays that way for an hour to an hour and a half! Thankfully, she doesn't cry... she just wants to crawl around. Usually when she wakes at night I just nurse her and she falls back to sleep within two to three minutes but when she's wide awake like that nothing seems to work.  However, I do feel like we are making some progress in terms of her sleeping in her crib.  Lately, once she falls asleep she will roll over into her crib (on her own) and sleep with the top half of her body in her crib and her bottom half in our bed.  I wish I could get a picture of it because it's pretty funny looking but it's too dark and I'm not about to wake up a sleeping baby with a camera flash! The only problem with her sleeping like that is that I have to sleep in an awkward position to accommodate the bottom half of her body next to me.  I also don't sleep as well when she's in the crib because I'm worried about her, where as when she's right next to me I know that she's ok.

She's crawling really fast now and moving all over the place.  Her favorite things to go after are the dog toys and the dog bowls (of course, I don't let her actually get to them).  She pulls herself up on everything and is almost able to stand up on her own.  She loves to turn the pages of books and she likes to turn the light switches on and off.  She likes to take objects out of bags and boxes and throw things. She gets really excited when I get her sippy cup out of the cabinet and last night she drank from a straw for the first time.  One funny thing that she's been doing lately is whenever Michael or I chew gum, she likes to mimic the way we chew.  She thinks its really funny :) That's about it for this month.

Climbing on everything!

Swinging at the park


No comments:

Post a Comment