Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

6 months already? How did that happen??


I can not believe my sweet little girl is already half a year old! How did that happen?  Can time please slow down? I guess I have no control over that, so I'll just cherish every sweet moment I have with her as a little tiny (well not that tiny) baby.  We had our 6 month check up at the doctor's office today.  She weighed in at 17lbs and is 27 inches long.  She's in the 75th percentile for her weight and the 90th percentile for her height.  It's amazing what momma's milk can do!  Apparently, she's going to be tall like daddy which is fine by me... hopefully she won't have the problem that I've had my entire life of having to always buy pants only to have them hemmed so not to be 3 feet too long.

What has been happening this past month-
She is now able to sit up on her own for short periods of time. I think it's so cute when she gets tired of sitting up or loses her balance and just falls over.  She gets this look on her face like "Hey what happened?"  She gets excited when Daddy gets home every day or when she's been in the swing while I'm in the shower and then come in to get her.  She gets a huge smile on her face, squeals, and kicks her little feet to show her excitement.  She had her first trip out of the state (even though she was quite the world traveler while in utero- she's been to Savannah, Vancouver, Alaska, and even hiked a glacier before she was born). We took a trip to Georgia to our friends' farm with our bible study group for the weekend.  She got to meet her future best friend who was born this month. We celebrated my first mother's day with flowers, hand prints and foot prints on a card, and diamond earrings (not a bad first mother's day!!). She's also starting to show stranger anxiety.  She's quite attached to momma.  My mom came over for a few minutes and so I took the chance to jump in the shower, only to hear Betsy Grace scream the entire time.  She doesn't really like for other people to hold her for long either.  She's ok for a few minutes but then starts to fuss.

Sitting like a big girl at the farm


She's still exclusively breastfed although I plan to introduce solid food sometime this month.  I'm not planning on doing purees or baby food though.  We are going to start with steamed veggies and other soft foods.  She's still in bed with us, which is fine by me, although people love to give me advice about making her sleep by herself.  No thanks... we will get there when it's the right time for us. She has good nights and sometimes we have rough nights, but I'd say more good than bad.  She usually sleeps from 10pm-3am when she starts to stir.  I can put the pacifier in her mouth and after a few minutes she will go back to sleep until around 5am and then wants to eat.  Then we go back to sleep until around 8:30am.  Two nights ago we had our very first night of 8 hours of sleep.  I woke up at 6am thinking it was still the middle of the night, but to my surprise it was light outside and she was still sleeping! I felt like a new person after all that sleep!

I've joined a mommies group in my neighborhood to help me get out of the house and meet some other local moms.  So far, I've attended brunch with a few other moms and we also went to story time at Leu Gardens this week.  At brunch I mentioned that I use cloth diapers and the organizer of the group asked if I'd host an event to teach other mommies about cloth diapers.  I never in a million years thought I'd be teaching a class on cloth diapering, but I'm happy to do it.
Just hanging out with her future BFF, Delaney

That's about it for this past month.  See ya next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment